As more and more organizations seek to cut costs and boost productivity, the number of virtual meetings is exploding worldwide. Unfortunately, virtual meetings do not automatically make meetings more efficient—or their results more productive. What they often create instead is a new set of problems:
- How do you get people to pay attention, interact, and stop multi-tasking?
- How can you tell what they’re really thinking and feeling?
- How can you motivate them to get involved and contribute their best ideas?
- How can you get the new technologies of virtual meetings to really pay off?
This is a unique, highly-interactive virtual workshop that will prepare you to lead extremely engaging and productive virtual meetings. The workshop teaches the new skills needed to lead virtual meetings successfully based on the realities of v-meeting environments and human nature:
- Gaining alignment and support for your desired meeting outcomes by connecting with the expectations and needs of meeting participants
- Becoming comfortable and effective with the higher energy level and pace needed to keep v-participants engaged
- Skillfully probing “the void” to track and engage with what your participants are thinking and feeling
Through a series of demonstrations and skills practices, you will learn a three-part approach:
You will learn how to clarify your purpose, choose your approach, and decide how best to involve each person in the meeting by:
- Planning a clear and effective v-meeting strategy
- Setting the players up for involvement and success
You will practice highly effective delivery skills for the virtual meeting environment by:
- Making the most of your first two minutes
- Keeping your cool, being “real,” amplifying your energy, and leading the way
You will learn how to generate interaction and keep the group invested in achieving the meeting objectives by:
- Using skillful questions and the functionality of your meeting platform to enhance collaboration
- Recognizing and leveraging your participants’ ideas and interests
With the right v-approach and communication skills, you can create engaging and productive virtual meetings as a standard practice. In today’s time-tight world, that is crucial for business success.