Succeed In High Value Conversations™
Learn to communicate in ways that build positive, productive business relationships characterized by clarity and mutual trust.
Gain the interpersonal, conversation, and presentation skills you need to establish trusted advisor relationships with executives and senior professionals.
In business today, more is accomplished through influence than direct authority. You're likely to find yourself in situations where your ability to influence the beliefs and actions of others is critical to getting your recommendations adopted or to closing deals.
Without the ability to be especially attentive − yet also clear and forceful − during these conversations, you'll waste time and organizations will miss out on your best thinking.
- Talk about ideas in an organized, listener-centric way
- Explore recommendations confidently and credibly
- Interact in ways that build rapport with listeners
- Identify signs of listener resistance
- Handle tough questions and concerns
- Manage conversations in good times and bad
- Identify actions that build strong relationships
- Ask questions that help listeners expand their perspectives, consider new possibilities, and uncover business needs and personal career goals
- Conversation Planner: A tool to help you gather info about your listeners and what's important to them.
- Mandel BLUEPRINT®: A framework to help you structure your opening, main points, and closing.
- ARM™ (Align, Respond, Maintain): A model for handling tough questions and objections.
- Composure and Energy™: A summary of the key skills needed to demonstrate executive presence.
- Thought-Provoking Questions: A job aid with questions that explore perspectives, possibilities, and feelings to guide conversations to a deeper level.
- The High-Stakes Conversation Cycle™: A model for conducting conversations that balance understanding the other person's need with what you need from them.
- Mindset Continuum: A tool to help you assess the degree to which listeners see you as a trusted advisor.
- Based on learn-by-doing activities that produce skills that stick.
- Designed to bridge the gap between knowing what to do and how to do it
- Linked to your organization’s current business issues, initiatives, and goals
- Focused on real world performance improvement and on-the-job application
- Enlivened by built-in practice sessions
- Supported by expert, individualized, in-the-moment coaching
- Enriched by immediate videotaped feedback