Work the Virtual Room™
Managing Virtual Meetings in a Multitasking World
The workshop teaches new skills for successfully leading virtual meetings based on the realities of v-meeting environments and human nature. You'll discover how to:
- Support desired meeting outcomes by connecting with participants' needs and expectations
- Maintain the higher energy level and pace needed to keep v-participants engaged
- Keep track of and engage with what participants are thinking and feeling
While virtual meetings have the potential to reduce costs and encourage faster decision-making, they can also present a new set of problems:
- How do you get participants to pay attention and stop multi-tasking?
- How can you tell what they're really thinking and feeling?
- How can you motivate participants to get involved and contribute their best ideas?
- How can you get the best return on your investment in virtual meeting and collaboration software?
- Plan a clear and effective v-meeting strategy
- Set everyone up for involvement and success
- Make the most of your first two minutes
- Keep your cool, be authentic, and amplify your energy
- Use skillful questions to enhance participant interaction and engagement
- Use the functionality of your meeting platform to boost collaboration
- Recognize and leverage participants’ ideas and interests
- V-Meeting Participant Log: A tool to help you organize information about participants and track and promote their participation during the meeting
- Mandel BLUEPRINT®: A framework for structuring your opening, main points, and closing
- Based on learn-by-doing activities that produce skills that stick
- Designed to bridge the gap between knowing what to do and how to do it
- Linked to your organization’s current business issues, initiatives, and goals
- Focused on real world performance improvement and on-the-job application
- Enlivened by built-in practice sessions
- Supported by expert, individualized, in-the-moment coaching