Making Skills Stick
Our training methodology drives effective skill development and retention.
- New skills strengthen and grow in value through active use over time
- New skills become habits
How We Promote Skill Transfer and Retention
- Pre-work to improve training relevancy
- Simulations of on-the-job experiences and situations
- Storytelling frameworks and communication tools to craft content
- Extensive practice of new skills with peers and coaches
- Expert feedback from Mandel trainers and coaches
- Reinforcement tools to practice, extend learning, and ensure skills stick
Because adults are more likely to internalize and apply new skills if they’ve played a part in shaping their own learning, Mandel asks participants to contribute by:
- Selecting an upcoming presentation or conversation to focus on during the workshop itself
- Playing a direct role in putting into action a plan for using new skills on the job
In-program tools and exercises have proven to promote the transfer and retention of new skills.
- Frameworks and tools (e.g., The Mandel BLUEPRINT®, SCIPAB®) make content easy to plan and remember and make communicating complex topics and data more manageable.
- Structured learn-by-doing practice simulations help participants retain skills better than if they’d only read or heard about them
- Expert, individualized, in-the-moment coaching helps participants reflect on their performance and improve it
- Video-recorded playback allows participants to see themselves as others see them and then develop their own personal strategies for improvement
- Peer assessment and feedback is critical to interpersonal skills transfer
Because newly acquired skills are fragile, Mandel provides post-training reinforcement and performance support tools, like our Mobile Coaching App
Make Learning Stick For Your Organization
Learn more about Mandel's reinforcement tools or talk to us about designing a custom training solution for your organization.
SCHEDULE FREE CONSULTATION