Could your salespeople be eroding profit margins through excessive discounting?How about through unnecessary product, service, or contractual giveaways?
Margin erosion usually stems from the failure to establish differentiated value early in the sales process. The proof: 86% of B2B customers don’t see enough “value difference” between suppliers to pay a premium for it.*
How can you prevent your margins from eroding? Provide salespeople with the training and tools they need to create value from the very first conversation they have with a customer.
Here are 3 tips for turning margin erosion into margin generation:
Stop selling products and start solving problems.
Shift the planning focus from closing deals to creating value.
Show salespeople how to get out from behind their slides and make a credible, compelling connection with their customers.
Does this problem sound familiar? Struggling to improve your margins? Contact us to discuss how we can help.
Mandel has worked with sales teams from some of the most successful companies in the world to help them prevent the all-too-common problem of eroding margins.
And download the new infographic, Why Early Cycle Selling Skills Matter, to see just how costly of a problem margin erosion can be—and what you and your team can do about it.
*Google and CEB Marketing Leadership Council
- Is Memorizing Your Presentation a Bad Idea?
- Are Your User Conference Speakers Ready for the Spotlight?
- What Is the Secret to Nobel Laureate Success?
- Influencing Others Through Story; A Valuable Lesson from Game of Thrones
- Because Executive Briefings & Meetings Don't Run Themselves
- Is Your Learning at Risk of Becoming Too Convenient?
- Want Your Presentation to Be Memorable? Follow the Rule of Three
- Are Extroverts Really Better at Building Rapport Than Introverts?
- Conference Room Bullies and How to Present to Them
- Is Poor Collaboration Putting Your Digital Transformation at Risk?