Could your salespeople be eroding profit margins through excessive discounting?How about through unnecessary product, service, or contractual giveaways?
Margin erosion usually stems from the failure to establish differentiated value early in the sales process. The proof: 86% of B2B customers don’t see enough “value difference” between suppliers to pay a premium for it.*
How can you prevent your margins from eroding? Provide salespeople with the training and tools they need to create value from the very first conversation they have with a customer.
Here are 3 tips for turning margin erosion into margin generation:
Stop selling products and start solving problems.
Shift the planning focus from closing deals to creating value.
Show salespeople how to get out from behind their slides and make a credible, compelling connection with their customers.
Does this problem sound familiar? Struggling to improve your margins? Contact us to discuss how we can help.
Mandel has worked with sales teams from some of the most successful companies in the world to help them prevent the all-too-common problem of eroding margins.
And download the new infographic, Why Early Cycle Selling Skills Matter, to see just how costly of a problem margin erosion can be—and what you and your team can do about it.
*Google and CEB Marketing Leadership Council
- Why Don’t People Respond to My Emails?
- How to Make Your Next Team Offsite Wildly Productive
- Should I Use the TED Talk Format for My Business Presentation?
- How Well Does Your Team Handle Tough Questions?
- The Science of Presenting Data Visualizations Effectively
- Presenting Technical Ideas to Business Audiences
- A Little-Known Technique for Calming Your Anxiety About Public Speaking
- Is Memorizing Your Presentation a Bad Idea?
- Are Your User Conference Speakers Ready for the Spotlight?
- What Is the Secret to Nobel Laureate Success?