As the year comes to a close, here's a look back at Mandel's most popular skill-building content of 2017.Three themes emerged from the topics you liked best:
1) How to be a better listener
2) How to create credible, attention-grabbing messages
3) How to tell stories that multiply your message
Whether trying to make a great first impression, give a persuasive presentation, or convince others to support your idea, how you communicate is fundamental to your success.
Prepare to be successful next year. To help you get started, we’ve curated the following list of the most downloaded content from across our website, blogs, social media, and campaigns.
1) How To Be a Better Listener
- Being a Great Listener: Improve your listening skills with these habit transformations.
2) How to Create Credible, Attention-Grabbing Messages
- Credible Messaging: The Missing Driver of Business Performance: Build the credible messaging skills needed to turn your best ideas into reality.
- Engineering the First 60 Seconds of Conversation: Make a powerful first impression.
- Post-Presentation Depression: How to go from good to great as a presenter.
- Two Types of Brain Freezes We All Experience: Get tips on how to cure both.
3) How to Tell Stories That Multiply Your Message
- Storytelling Essentials: Discover simple rules that all great stories follow and that ANYONE can master.
- Lessons From a Master Storyteller: Build storytelling skills by observing how master storytellers work.
*BONUS INFOGRAPHICS*Infographics were among the most downloaded content Mandel offered. If you missed these, grab yours today!
- SCIPAB® Pocket Prompt: Get the 6 steps to better conversations, presentations, emails, etc.
- Conference ROI: Make your conference wildly successful by prepping speakers to exceed attendee expectations.
- Why Early Cycle Selling Skills Matter: Build value from the very first sales conversation.
I hope you find these resources helpful as you prepare for the year ahead. From all of us at Mandel, best wishes for a healthy and rewarding 2018!
What does the hit on Netflix called The Queen’s Gambit tell us about how to sell in a virtual setting? Actually, something very important.
Before we break down how this show teaches us the key to virtual selling let’s look at the backstory.
Sales professionals need a mix of soft skills to be successful. While rapport building is often considered the top sales skill, listening is the most critical skill for closing sales, and building long-term client relationships.
Learn 3 crucial tips to closing sales, and why listening is the top sales skill of 2021.
Gratitude. Appreciation. Recognition. It makes you feel good. This week in the US, many will pause for a day or two to give thanks and show appreciation for the things and people we care about most. It’s no secret how appreciation benefits the person getting it—but did you know it benefits the person giving it just as much?
Discover why recognition is such a powerful tool for improving relationships and wellbeing in life—and at work. Learn how to (and how NOT to) express your appreciation to others.
People in communities across the globe are adjusting to communicating while wearing masks. As we’re all experiencing, masks present both verbal and non-verbal communication challenges.Given this, we’ve prepared 5 tips for effective communications while wearing a mask, and compiled several insightful articles from leading publications on additional best practices.
Customers coming to a user conference aren’t there for the fanfare, they’re there for the expertise. If you’re an expert speaking at a user conference, you’re highly knowledgeable and passionate about your topic, but you might not be an expert at speaking in front of an audience. Here are five practical tips that you can implement right away for any upcoming speaking event.
Read the blog and learn how to make your next team offsite your most productive yet.
TED Talks have become a go-to example for how to give an engaging presentation from the big stage. They can be informative, inspiring, and often incredibly entertaining. But is the TED Talk format right for a business presentation delivered in a conference room? Probably not — but the skills used by TED Talk presenters definitely are!
Learn how to identify what goes into a successful TED Talk and how to make those skills work for you in your everyday business presentations.
Learn Mandel’s 3-step model for skillfully responding — not reacting — to tough questions with confidence and ease.
- 7 Tips for Leading Zoom Panel Discussions
- Why Listening Is Key to Onboarding New Hires—Especially If They’re Virtual
- Welcome to the Future of Sales (Hint: It’s Virtual)
- Listen Closely: Your Company Culture Depends On It
- How to Deliver Impactful, Engaging Hybrid Meetings
- Leading a Virtual Team Means Doing Things Differently
- Are You Really Listening?
- 4 Listening Tips for Improving Your Virtual Meetings
- The Irresistible Power of Stories in Virtual Selling
- The Top Sales Skill for 2021!