As the year comes to a close, here's a look back at Mandel's most popular skill-building content of 2017.Three themes emerged from the topics you liked best:
1) How to be a better listener
2) How to create credible, attention-grabbing messages
3) How to tell stories that multiply your message
Whether trying to make a great first impression, give a persuasive presentation, or convince others to support your idea, how you communicate is fundamental to your success.
Prepare to be successful next year. To help you get started, we’ve curated the following list of the most downloaded content from across our website, blogs, social media, and campaigns.
1) How To Be a Better Listener
- Being a Great Listener: Improve your listening skills with these habit transformations.
2) How to Create Credible, Attention-Grabbing Messages
- Credible Messaging: The Missing Driver of Business Performance: Build the credible messaging skills needed to turn your best ideas into reality.
- Engineering the First 60 Seconds of Conversation: Make a powerful first impression.
- Post-Presentation Depression: How to go from good to great as a presenter.
- Two Types of Brain Freezes We All Experience: Get tips on how to cure both.
3) How to Tell Stories That Multiply Your Message
- Storytelling Essentials: Discover simple rules that all great stories follow and that ANYONE can master.
- Lessons From a Master Storyteller: Build storytelling skills by observing how master storytellers work.
*BONUS INFOGRAPHICS*Infographics were among the most downloaded content Mandel offered. If you missed these, grab yours today!
- SCIPAB® Pocket Prompt: Get the 6 steps to better conversations, presentations, emails, etc.
- Conference ROI: Make your conference wildly successful by prepping speakers to exceed attendee expectations.
- Why Early Cycle Selling Skills Matter: Build value from the very first sales conversation.
I hope you find these resources helpful as you prepare for the year ahead. From all of us at Mandel, best wishes for a healthy and rewarding 2018!
Gratitude. Appreciation. Recognition. It makes you feel good. This week in the US, many will pause for a day or two to give thanks and show appreciation for the things and people we care about most. It’s no secret how appreciation benefits the person getting it—but did you know it benefits the person giving it just as much? Discover why recognition is such a powerful tool for improving relationships and wellbeing in life—and at work. Learn how to (and how NOT to) express your appreciation to others.
People in communities across the globe are adjusting to communicating while wearing masks. As we’re all experiencing, masks present both verbal and non-verbal communication challenges.Given this, we’ve prepared 5 tips for effective communications while wearing a mask, and compiled several insightful articles from leading publications on additional best practices.
Customers coming to a user conference aren’t there for the fanfare, they’re there for the expertise. If you’re an expert speaking at a user conference, you’re highly knowledgeable and passionate about your topic, but you might not be an expert at speaking in front of an audience. Here are five practical tips that you can implement right away for any upcoming speaking event.
Read the blog and learn how to make your next team offsite your most productive yet.
TED Talks have become a go-to example for how to give an engaging presentation from the big stage. They can be informative, inspiring, and often incredibly entertaining. But is the TED Talk format right for a business presentation delivered in a conference room? Probably not — but the skills used by TED Talk presenters definitely are!
Learn how to identify what goes into a successful TED Talk and how to make those skills work for you in your everyday business presentations.
Learn Mandel’s 3-step model for skillfully responding — not reacting — to tough questions with confidence and ease.
You know your scientists, engineers, and technology experts are the best around. They're proven innovators and solution providers within your organization. Why, then, is presenting to a business audience such a common challenge for technical professionals?
Learn 11 tactics your technical team can use right now to make them more effective and influential communicators for any business decision maker.
Admittedly, I've struggled to find a reliable way to help people reduce their public speaking anxiety, despite years of trying. I’ve advised people to do just about anything I could think of that might help, e.g., breathing, meditation. While I haven't found the thing that works every time for every person, there is one technique that seems to be more effective than most. Even if you've already found something that works well for you, this technique is worth trying out.
Imagine being asked to present to your entire company tomorrow. Does the idea of it make you nervous? You might be tempted to get right to work, writing every word down and committing them to memory. Now, what if I said you couldn’t memorize your talk? Whoa, wait a minute. You wonder, “How am I supposed to remember what to say?”
Find out why memorizing is a terrible idea and what you should do instead to prepare for your next presentation.
- Top Virtual Communication Mistakes – and How to Overcome Them in 2021!
- Tell a Story. Close a Deal. Even on Zoom.
- Throwback: Why Appreciation Matters in Life and at Work
- Tips for Communicating Effectively While Wearing a Mask
- Five Tips From a Virtual Meeting Producer
- How to Lead Hybrid Meetings: 5 Tips for Success
- What are the Four Listening Styles?
- How To Develop Listening Intelligence In Your Organization
- Mandel Launches Neuroscience-Based Listening Solution, The Listening Edge™
- Hosting a Virtual User Conference? Prepare Your Speakers to Succeed