Kelly is Vice President, Global Training Services for Mandel. She is responsible for developing Mandel’s global team of coaches and trainers, as well as working with clients to certify their own internal trainers. Kelly joined Mandel as a Trainer and Coach in 2006, though she first started delivering Mandel’s training in 2001 while working as National Training Manager for AT&T Wireless. Kelly brings a unique combination of technical sales, sales management, channel management, and training experience to her role. Devoted to her clients, she relentlessly pursues ways to improve upon their success. Kelly holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Oklahoma. Having enjoyed travels throughout the USA, UK, and Europe to work with clients, she currently resides in Houston, Texas.
Do you, like me, collaborate with people from all over the world? Then you know that meeting in-person isn't always feasible. But conference calls can feel like an awkward substitute. That's why video is so powerful. When used effectively, video can transform virtual meetings from ineffectual to productive. And everyone loves being on camera, right? Well, not exactly. If the idea of being on camera makes you feel self-conscious, here are some steps you can take to increase your comfort with video calls and vastly improve your virtual communication and relationships.
My experience, first as a client of Mandel's who received Train-the-Trainer Certification and now as Mandel’s own senior director of global training services, gives me a unique perspective on why “trainer training” in communication skills can be so powerful. Here are the top 3 benefits I believe companies gain when their own trainers get certified to deliver communication skills training.
- How Many Women Are In Your Leadership Pipeline?
- Preparing Generations X, Y, & Z to Be Leaders
- Communicating & Team Building on a Global Stage
- The Two Types of "Brain Freezes" We All Experience (and a Few Quick Tips on How to Cure Them)
- The Secret to Connecting on LinkedIn
- How Video Improves Virtual Communication and Strengthens Relationships
- 3 Reasons You Should Follow Us on Social Media
- Lessons Learned From a Master Storyteller
- Prepare for Success: Pressure Test Your Presentation
- How Storytelling Makes a Presentation More Influential