Kelly is Vice President, Global Training Services for Mandel. She is responsible for developing Mandel’s global team of coaches and trainers, as well as working with clients to certify their own internal trainers. Kelly joined Mandel as a Trainer and Coach in 2006, though she first started delivering Mandel’s training in 2001 while working as National Training Manager for AT&T Wireless. Kelly brings a unique combination of technical sales, sales management, channel management, and training experience to her role. Devoted to her clients, she relentlessly pursues ways to improve upon their success. Kelly holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Oklahoma. Having enjoyed travels throughout the USA, UK, and Europe to work with clients, she currently resides in Houston, Texas.
Do you, like me, collaborate with people from all over the world? Then you know that meeting in-person isn't always feasible. But conference calls can feel like an awkward substitute. That's why video is so powerful. When used effectively, video can transform virtual meetings from ineffectual to productive. And everyone loves being on camera, right? Well, not exactly. If the idea of being on camera makes you feel self-conscious, here are some steps you can take to increase your comfort with video calls and vastly improve your virtual communication and relationships.
My experience, first as a client of Mandel's who received Train-the-Trainer Certification and now as Mandel’s own senior director of global training services, gives me a unique perspective on why “trainer training” in communication skills can be so powerful. Here are the top 3 benefits I believe companies gain when their own trainers get certified to deliver communication skills training.
- Communication Rules for Fast-Growth Companies
- Your Personal Brand? It's How Others See You
- Questions I Wish I'd Asked (How to Improve Sales Conversations)
- How Much Do People Remember From Your Presentations?
- Two Important Tips for Better Leadership Communications
- Relying on Your Dog? Time to Get Another Opinion
- No Time for Training?
- The Power of "What If" Storytelling
- The Price of Poor Communication May Shock You
- The Secrets to Financial Storytelling (Why Data-Driven Presentations Fail)