Digital Transformation (Dx) has made working in IT more challenging than ever. The biggest barrier to Dx success? Culture and collaboration, according to 50% of companies surveyed by Appian. A further 27% say lack of collaboration between IT and LOB is the top roadblock.
What prevents effective collaboration? Ineffective communication. Read this week's blog and learn why "soft" skills have become a critical success factor for IT professionals everywhere.
Imagine this scenario. You’re at home and you want to learn something. What do you do? Watch a video on YouTube, Google it, find directions on Waze, ask Alexa, get the news on Twitter. As consumers, we’ve been conditioned to expect a certain experience. So why is it that our experience at work is so vastly different? This week, Mandel Executive Director Kate Day writes about how technology has forever changed learner expectations and what the implications are for businesses. She also has some “from-the-trenches” advice on how learning and development organizations can seize this moment as an opportunity to reimagine the user experience for your employees and, in turn, your customers.
- How can we make socially-distanced collaboration work?
- Tips for Effective Communication when Working Remotely
- Sustaining Your Training Strategies During Covid-19 Outbreak
- Want to be a User Conference Hero? Follow These 5 Practical Speaker Tips
- Empathy: The Secret Ingredient for Successful Business Meetings
- Human and Digital Transformation through Learning in 2020
- Why Don’t People Respond to My Emails?
- How to Make Your Next Team Offsite Wildly Productive
- Should I Use the TED Talk Format for My Business Presentation?
- How Well Does Your Team Handle Tough Questions?