Digital Transformation (Dx) has made working in IT more challenging than ever. The biggest barrier to Dx success? Culture and collaboration, according to 50% of companies surveyed by Appian. A further 27% say lack of collaboration between IT and LOB is the top roadblock.
What prevents effective collaboration? Ineffective communication. Read this week's blog and learn why "soft" skills have become a critical success factor for IT professionals everywhere.
Imagine this scenario. You’re at home and you want to learn something. What do you do? Watch a video on YouTube, Google it, find directions on Waze, ask Alexa, get the news on Twitter. As consumers, we’ve been conditioned to expect a certain experience. So why is it that our experience at work is so vastly different? This week, Mandel Executive Director Kate Day writes about how technology has forever changed learner expectations and what the implications are for businesses. She also has some “from-the-trenches” advice on how learning and development organizations can seize this moment as an opportunity to reimagine the user experience for your employees and, in turn, your customers.
- Influencing Others Through Story; A Valuable Lesson from Game of Thrones
- Because Executive Briefings & Meetings Don't Run Themselves
- Is Your Learning at Risk of Becoming Too Convenient?
- Want Your Presentation to Be Memorable? Follow the Rule of Three
- Are Extroverts Really Better at Building Rapport Than Introverts?
- Conference Room Bullies and How to Present to Them
- Is Poor Collaboration Putting Your Digital Transformation at Risk?
- The Little-Known Secret to More Productive Meetings
- 4 Steps to Being a Better Active Listener
- Are You Your Best Self While Presenting?