December 03, 2015
I had the pleasure of having Thanksgiving dinner with Steve Faber, the writer of two highly regarded films, Wedding Crashers and We’re the Millers, along with a number of other popular screen and literary works. Over turkey and stuffing, we talked about the SECRET to GREAT storytelling. Today, I'm sharing it with you.
October 02, 2014
Sharing a meaningful story or anecdote can be nerve-wracking, especially in a business setting. Every time you do it, you’re putting your ideas and your credibility on the line. But you don’t have to fear it. In fact, you were made for it. Learn why storytelling works and how to make it work for you.
September 11, 2014
By necessity, entrepreneurs understand something that other professionals can take a lifetime to learn. Learn this lesson early, and it could make the difference between career success and failure.
February 27, 2014
In a recent NPR podcast called Framing the Story, Pixar's Andrew Stanton—writer of iconic films like Toy Story, Monsters Inc., WALL-E, and Finding Nemo—shared what he believes makes a good story. Here are three insights you can use right now to improve your ability to influence, educate, and motivate others through storytelling.
- How to Get in the Habit of Being a Great Listener
- Want to Be a Better Listener? Then Learn How to Be Heard
- Better Decisions Faster: 3 High-Performer Strategies That Get Results
- How to Deal With Speaking Anxiety During Your Presentation
- How to Deal With Speaking Anxiety Before Your Presentation
- Better Decisions Faster: 3 Keys to Making It Happen
- 6 Reasons to Invest in People Skills
- 3 Tips to Help Salespeople Generate Higher Margins
- Fewer Data Dumps, More Discussions
- 6 Crucial Tips from a Speaking Coach